As the first blog post of a series this item will serve as an introduction to the coming content and will contain a brief description of the main themes to be explored in this page. The format you will encounter is a one-page text per post and may contain graphical elements or not to support the main message. The main idea is to build an archive of posts that exist as a single unit or collection, supporting each other and making for a more rich experience. This blog as part of my personal and professional web page will contain many of my personal ideas and comments about the themes I feel comfortable enough to board and discuss with a certain authority. But beware appreciable reader, I claim no higher opinion than anyone else. You may find in the following writings some truth and lots of opinions, read with discretion.
In between the subjects you may find the coming posts are:
- Science, one of my great interests in life, here you will read about my interests and my (small) contributions to it (mostly in the field of spatial sciences and related topics, as well as in planning theory).
- Spatial Sciences, focusing on GIS and some advanced uses scenarios, the posts touching these theme will provide with insight of use geographic information systems for uncommon tasks and creative use of the related tools and alternative workflows.
- Programming, in several applications ranging from GIS, data analysis to task automation for several cases and situations.
- Planning, in different scenarios and situations, varying from locations from Latin America where I have met realities to European style planning where I did my studies as a planner.
- Cultural analysis, comprehending diverse situations of pop culture and current affairs.
Lastly, you will spot now and then posts on tech and gaming and how both fit into the larger context. As well as some commentary on specific photographs and material I find worth sharing.
Hope you enjoy reading as much as I hope to enjoy writing.